4-H Current Bulletin Board
2021 Open House
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2021 Open House. If you were not able to attend, you can download the PowerPoint slides from the presentation by clicking here.
2020 Open House
Click here to view a recording of the 2020 Virtual Open House
Due to COVID-19, our 2020 Open House was held virtually. A few 4-H members made videos about their project areas to share during the Virtual Open House. You can view them below:
- Cake Decorating
- Market Goats – Matthew
- Model Rockets – Marley
- Horse Project – Nicole
- Photography – Rachel
- Shooting Sports – Nate
- Shooting Sports – Walker
Daniels Scholarship Program Application Now Open!
High school seniors in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming are encouraged to visit the Daniels Fund website to apply for the Daniels Scholarship Program! The application deadline is Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. MST.
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree that helps them build a successful career and rewarding life. Daniels Scholars demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities. Bill Daniels would also want his scholars to be proud Americans who value our free enterprise system and are prepared to give the world their very best shot.
The scholarship is unique to each student and varies depending on their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and their choice of school. The scholarship pays up to $25,000 per year toward the student’s unmet need, after applying their EFC, other scholarships, and financial aid. Daniels Scholars may attend any accredited non profit college or university in the United States.
Visit the Daniels Fund website for eligibility requirements.
All links open in a new tab:
- 2021 Achievement Night
- 2020 Achievement Night Video
- Google calendars
- 4-H Volunteer Renewal Guide
- A more welcoming 4-H pledge video
- 2021 Contest Results
Opportunities Available for Adults to Support 4-H Programming
We have several opportunities currently open for adults to volunteer to support Larimer County youth through 4-H programming!
These roles are a partnership with Katie Daywalker, the 4-H Youth Development & Leadership Agent. The amount of time & energy required is flexible depending on your availability. If you have any interest in supporting these projects, please reach out to Katie to discuss how you can share your time and expertise with our 4-H youth! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home Design & Decor Key Leader: In this project, members learn to embrace home arts, home furnishings, and refinishing furniture. Members may also learn how to best incorporate color, light, design, space, and texture in a living space to optimize comfort and appearance. You can find more information about the project here. Learn more
- Visual Arts Key Leader: In this project, members learn how to utilize different elements of design, textures, mediums, techniques, etc. to create a unique artwork. You can find more information about the project here. Learn more
- Cat Project Volunteers: We are also seeking volunteers interested in supporting the Cat project as Assistant Key Leader, Resource Leader, or to support on a short term basis for special events. Learn more
- Clothing Constructions & Artistic Sewing Volunteers: Are you skilled with sewing? We are seeking additional volunteers to support our sewing workshops on an occasional basis.
- Beekeeping Key Leader: The 4-H Beekeeping Project helps youth learn about bees and how to be a beekeeper. Beekeeping offers many hands-on educational experiences, from learning about bees and nectar to learning to raise bees and produce honey. Level 1 covers “Understanding the Honeybee” and learning basic facts about beekeeping. Level 2 covers “Working with Honeybees” and walks youth through setting up their first hive and caring for it through the first year. Level 3 covers “Advanced Beekeeping Methods.” Youth do not need bees or access to hives to participate in Level 1, but do in Levels 2 and 3.
If you have another skill or talent you’d like to offer our 4-H members, please reach out to Katie Daywalker at email@example.com!
2021 Colorado State Fair
- 2021 Colorado 4-H State Fair Results (Opens in new tab)