4-H Artistic Clothing Project
Artistic Clothing includes the following projects that encourage members to use their creative thinking skills:
- Upcycle Your Style gives you the opportunity to create clothing items that are special & unique. This project gives you a chance to experiment with colors, texture, fabrics and yarns and turn your ideas and designs into garments.
- Creative Sewing (Unit 5) gives you the opportunity to create fun sewing projects to use for gifts, special occasions or a home-based business. You can make costumes for puppets, accessories, toys, stuffed animals, book bags, sleeping bags, etc. Creativity is the key!
- Create Your Own (Unit 7) is an opportunity for you to explore a topic that is of interest to you. You may choose to learn about lace, design your own pattern, do a study on historic costumes, learn about advertisements and their impact on consumer choices or explore careers in textiles and clothing whatever your interest. It is your choice. There are five steps to the Create Your Own project. Carefully record each step in a project notebook.
- Buymanship allows the member to choose clothing styles and colors that are flattering to your body type. Understanding the components of fashion including design, fabric, and color. Understanding the importance of clothing care and construction. Choosing clothes to coordinate with existing wardrobe.
- Creative Sewing (MJ0605) – Unit 5
- Create Your Own (MJ0607) – Unit 7
- Buymanship – Unit 8
- Upcycle Your Style (MJ0600)
E-log / Record Book
4 -H Record Books are also called e-Records. They can be downloaded from the State 4-H Website. Each project has its own record book that members are required to complete each year. The links to e-Records in the specific project areas are below. Record books are turned in at Interview Judging before our County Fair. In June, you will need to schedule an interview for each of your project areas and bring your record book with you to Interview Judging the week of the Larimer County 4-H Fair.