4-H Dog Project
The Larimer County 4-H Dog program is designed to provide an opportunity to handle, care for and learn about dogs. Members learn responsibility, leadership, communication and the importance of keeping accurate records. There are many ways you can get involved, such as workshops, Dog shows and knowledge competitions. The program includes four class options; Obedience, Showmanship, Rally and Agility.
All project manuals are received through the Larimer County 4-H Extension office. These will be distributed to 4-H members through their organizational leaders (club leaders) after enrollment is complete. For more information on enrollment visit Join 4-H.
E-log / Record Book
- 2021 Project Information Letter
- Required Dog Vaccines
- Required Dog ID Information
- Larimer County 4-H Dog Lease Application
- Larimer County 4-H Dog Lease Policy
Policies and Rules
Forms & Study Guides
- 2020 Dog Body Parts Guide
- 2020 Dog Showmanship Score Sheet
- 2020 Dog Junior Study Guide
- 2020 Dog Intermediate Study Guide
- 2020 Dog Senior Study Guide
Events and Opportunities
- AKC Fit Dog program
- 2021 May 1 through June 20 Dog Shows
- June 19 – 20 – El Paso County 4-H Dog Show
- 2021 Elbert County Dog Fun Matches
Explore different Dog Breeds from around the world. Discover their origins and specific characteristics.Click here to start your journey!
- Explore the Seven groups of dogs
- Explore different Dog Breeds from around the world. Discover their origins and specific characteristics. Click here to start your journey!
- Showmanship Video
- Grooming (would not recommend use of scrapers and picks by 4-H members)
- Resources for Presentations
- Dog breed word search