4-H Horse Project
The Larimer County 4-H Horse program is designed to provide you an opportunity to handle, care for, and ride horses. 4-H members may own or lease a horse for this project. There are many ways you can get involved, such as entering riding events or knowledge competitions. You can compete in a Western or English riding event, or even enter your horse in the Musical Freestyle competition. The possibilities are endless!
The project includes four disciplines: Western, English, Ranch Horse & Gymkhana.
All project manuals are received through the Larimer County 4-H Extension office. These will be distributed to 4-H members through their organizational leaders (club leaders) after enrollment is complete. For more information on enrollment visit Join 4-H.
Project Introduction Letter
Policies and Rules
- Larimer County 4-H Horse Helmet Rule
- Horse Brand Law
- 2021 Colorado 4-H Horse Show Rule Book
Colorado Horse Levels Testing Program
- 4-H Horse Levels Testing Guidelines
- Written test study guides
- Riding Tests
- Horse Levels Testing During COVID-19
- Colorado State Certified Level Raters
Events and Opportunities
- 2020-2021 Indoor Winter Open Horse Show Buckle Series
- April 24 & 25, Spring Gather Open Ranch Horse Show & Clinic, Grand Junction
- 2021-04 Rockie Mountain Saddle Club
- 2021-04 Pueblo 4-H Horse Clinic
- 2021-04 Pueblo County Tack Sale
- 2021-04 Rodeo Queen Bootcamp
- 2020-07 Horse color and markings workshop
- Dec. 4, 2018 – Fourth EIA-Positive Horse Identified in Colorado
- AAEP Vaccination Guidelines
- How to protect your horse from West Nile Virus infection
- Helmets: The Right Fit
- Horse Sense: Helpful Information for Horse Owners
- Horse Body Condition Score
- What does your horse weigh?
- Resources for Presentations