4-H Online Learning Opportunities
Check back often. We will add opportunities as we receive them.
Notice: By activating a link, you will be leaving this Colorado State University Extension website. Links are provided for educational purposes, consistent with the CSU Extension mission. We do not attest to the accuracy, objectivity or research base of the information provided, nor do we imply any endorsement of the information, products or services you may find there.
- Arizona 4-H QuaranTEEN Project
- Nebraska 4-H Virtual Learning
- Nebraska 4-H Boredom Buster Challenge
- Nebraska 4-H Living Room Learning
- All Animal Projects – Animal ID Information
- Grooming (would not recommend use of scrapers and picks by 4-H members)
Family and Consumer Science
- Extension Horses – Free educational classes, podcasts, infographics, etc.
- Michigan State 4-H “Lunch and Learn” – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- My Horse University
- Audubon for Kids
- Generation Wild
- Outdoor Kids
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- National Geographic Kids
- Colorado Department of Education
- Agents of Discovery, is an interactive mobile app that has missions for several State Parks in Colorado
- City of Fort Collins Natural Areas, Native Plants
- City of Fort Collins Natural Areas, Wildlife
- Lory State Park — A brief description of the plants and wildlife found in the park
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- REI has great ideas
- Children & Nature Network
- Fort Collins Discovery Museum blog
- Tips on Celebrating Missed Milestones during COVID-19
- Social Distancing…with Kids
- Home with Children – Family and Consumer Science Resources
- Twelve Talks to Have with Teens
- The “Virtual Lessons” section on Colorado 4-H Online resources has numerous shooting sport videos and activities.
- Video: Explore the Science of Soap, including why it is so effective at destroying viruses, as well as getting our dishes clean. Soap also has a starring role in two classic science demonstrations that you can try at home. Watch here.
- Video: The Bernoulli Effect helps airplanes fly and can seemingly allow objects to levitate inside an invisible column of air. Watch here.
- Sugar Rock Candy Chemistry
- Straw Rockets
- Tri-River Area Extension STEM Resources