Building Farmers and Ranchers
The Colorado Building Farmers and Ranchers program builds community and capacity in agriculture through classroom learning. The program is designed to help new farmers and ranchers explore agriculture as a business, how to manage risks and how to succeed in diverse markets.
The 2022 Program is accepting applications now. All applications are due December 16th.
Who Should Participate?
- New Farmers/Ranchers: <1/4 acre farmers/<100 acres ranchers and/or < 1 year and/or intern, apprentice level experience (large garden, on-farm, or ranch)
- Intermediate Farmers/Ranchers: Production, marketing manager or sole operator, >1/4 acre farmers/>100 acres ranchers for <3 years
- Experienced Farmers/Ranchers: Production, marketing manager or sole operator, >1/4 acre/>100 acres rancher for >3 years
- New and Intermediate Farmers and Ranchers: $200 for all 8 sessions ($300 for two people from same operation with one set of handouts). Includes course material.
- Experienced Farmers/Ranchers: $150 for all 8 sessions or $25 per class
Want to Apply or Learn More?
Contact Karen Crumbaker at 970-498-6003 for additional information.