GRANDcares is a program for vulnerable grandparent-headed families which focuses on strengthening self-care and parenting skills in custodial grandparents, developing communication and leadership skills in grandchildren, and increasing the ability of service providers to meet grandfamilies’ needs.
GRANDcares is not currently offering classes in Larimer County. However, resources for grandfamilies are available on the GRANDcares website as well as a CSU site for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren.
GRANDcares Webinars for Service Providers
- Webinar 1: Strengths-based Approaches to Working with Grandfamilies
- Webinar 2: Working with Grandfamilies: Taking Action
- Webinar 3: Grandfamilies – Trauma and Resilience – Part I
- Webinar 4: Grandfamilies – Trauma and Resilience – Part II
- Webinar 5: The Importance of Evidence-Based Programs when Working with Grandfamilies
- Webinar 6: Self-Care for Human Service Practitioners – Understanding Burnout and How to Cope When it Happens