Food Safety for Retail Food Service
Certified Food Protection Manager Proctoring Services
Colorado’s adoption of the 2013 FDA Food Code means retail food establishments are required to employ at least one Certified Food Protection Manager by January 1, 2019. We are now offering certified proctoring services for three of the five exams that will meet this requirement.
Click for our Retail Food Safety brochure
Click here for CFPM class schedule
Food Safety Works
A training for food service workers that covers the basic requirements for safe food handling and provides a 2-year certification.
Cottage Food Safety Trainings
You will learn:
- Basic food safety – including proper hygiene; preventing cross contamination and cross contact of food allergens; temperature control for safe food preparation, storage, transport and sales
- Foods permissible in updated Colorado’s Cottage Food Act, including pickled fruits and vegetables
- Ingredient labeling and disclaimer requirements
- Special considerations for food preparation at altitude
- Safe food sampling best practices
Receive a 3-year food safety certificate upon completions of course and exam.
If you have received a cottage food safety certificate from Colorado State University in the past and are seeking to recertify, contact Sheila Gains at Sheila.Gains@colostate.edu for a recertification code for a reduced fee of $25.00.
Food Preservation & Preparation Workshops
We offer canning, freezing, dehydrating, fermenting and cheese making classes among other food workshops. Learn the art and science of food preservation and preparation using current research-based techniques. Learn more & register for classes.
Master Food Safety Advisor Volunteer Program
Master Food Safety Advisors are trained volunteer educators and resources in the community to provide the public with research-based information. Our Master Food Safety Advisor volunteers are available to help you with your food safety and food preservation questions. – Learn more.