4-H Youth Leadership
Integral to the 4-H program is the development of leadership skills. Larimer County 4-H offers several leadership development opportunities outside of specific project areas.
Conference will be posted as they become available.
Junior Leadership Club
The Larimer County 4-H Junior Leadership Club is a secondary club that focuses on leadership. The purpose of junior leadership club is to teach youth the importance of understanding themselves as leaders and how to apply leadership skills in a team setting.
Learn more about Junior Leadership Club.
The Larimer County 4-H Exchange Club
The Larimer County 4-H Exchange Program is an opportunity for youth to participate in a series of learning experiences in which individuals visit in the homes of 4-H members in other geographical areas and are visited by them in return. Counties usually host a group one year and return to visit the homes of their guests the following year. The Larimer County 4-H Exchange Program is an opportunity for youth to:
- Gain a deeper insight into one’s own values
- Increase understanding and appreciation of others’ heritage, customs, and cultural factors
- Foster the development of initiative, independence, and leadership skills
- Create new, and perhaps, lasting friendships
- Expand 4-H understanding beyond local community or county and share information learned to strengthen local 4-H clubs and activities
- Become involved in another community
If interested, contact Larimer County Extension at 970-498-6000.